Bright Horizons Convenes Learning Advisory Board to Discuss Top Priorities in Skills Development
The events of the past year have demonstrated the importance of employee upskilling and reskilling, and have reaffirmed that employers must work towards a more inclusive environment that maximizes the potential of all employees.
“The country is facing a massive challenge right now with getting Americans back to work and improving their prospective job opportunities,” said
Members of the
- Workforce education strategies: A workforce education program can help transform an organization when it is tailored to specific business needs and can be tracked in terms of quantifying recruiting, retention, promotion and return on investment.
- Talent marketplaces: It is more cost-efficient to train current employees for new roles than to hire externally. More and more companies are looking to create “Enterprise Athletes, “or employees who are well-skilled in diverse areas of the business and primed for horizontal mobility across the organization.
- Skills and competency mapping: Understanding the skills and competencies necessary for each role within an organization is an important step towards developing learning strategies and career mapping, but many HR leaders have found this effort overwhelming and do not know where to start.
- Personalized learning experiences: The most successful learning experiences are those that are tailored to each role and each individual. This may include on-the-job learning experiences where skills development is incorporated into the flow of work.
- Engagement and support: Employers must provide the right supports to help their employees succeed in an education program. Some best practices in engaging employees include removing financial barriers, providing coaching and advising, and delivering wrap-around services like laptops and child care support.
“The corporate learning market is exploding with new ideas, technologies, and solutions,” says
“Employees work in a world of uncertainty, complexity and ambiguity,” said
About Bright Horizons
Bright Horizons® is a leading global provider of high-quality child care and early education, back-up care, and workplace education services. For more than 30 years, we have partnered with employers to support workforces by providing services that help working families and employees thrive personally and professionally. We operate approximately 1,000 child care centers in
Source: Bright Horizons